Developing camaraderie among women of all ages as we journey into the past in the pursuit of educating, instructing and maintaining the crafts and skills of Joanna's heritage.
Square Garden developed with raised beds. Planted 19th Century herbs including culinary, medicinal and aromatic varieties. all of which will be used in our interpretive history segments during guest visitations and the festivals at Joanna Furnace. Our sewing group has completed authentic garb for members, as well as women’s, men’s, and children’s outfits to extend a lending "closet". We have helped to research and restore the interior of the Office/Store and the Charcoal Barn, and act as interpreters during event visitations.
Projects being worked on in 2017
- Holding workshops to instruct and design handcrafted items for fundraisers
- Hosting our 11th annual “Victorian Tea” -- Saturday, May 13, 2017. The event offers two seatings and is open to the public. To reserve a seat today please email Nancy at email@example.com
- Expanding our sewing projects to include iron workers’ historic garb
- Offering a series of hands on learning activities in the arts, crafts, and domestic skills from the past …. Knitting, dyeing, herbal specialties, and more.
- Continuing herb gardening, offer mini workshop monthly on gardening
- Providing interpreters training for the office/store to support tours