Hay Creek Apple Festival
HAY CREEK APPLE FESTIVAL – Saturday & Sunday, October 9 & 10, 2021
The annual Hay Creek Festival will take place on October 10th & 11th at Historic Joanna Furnace; however, the Hay Creek Valley Historical Association has made several modifications to the event this year in order to comply with all the Coronavirus safety restrictions.
This year’s event will once again take place for two days but we will be operating with reduced hours from 8 am to 3 pm each day. The event will also be geared toward take out sales only. Visitors will be able to come to Joanna Furnace purchase our famous apple foods and soups by the quart AND also shop from our flea market and craft vendors. Unfortunately, we will not be having the regular children’s activities which includes hay rides, pony rides, face painting, etc. However, families can reserve a time to make a scarecrow at the event or can purchase a kit to take home. For more information on reserving a time to make a scarecrow please email Tammy at email@example.com. Note: the historic buildings will also remain closed at the event.
This year’s menu for takeout foods includes Apple Dumplings, Apple Pies, Apple Crisp, Apple Cider, Apple Cinnamon Bread and our famous open fire cooked soups – Chicken Corn Noodle, Beef Vegetable, Ham & Bean, Chicken Pot Pie. Other foods available for purchase at the event include a box meal (Sausage Sandwich with French fries and drink), hot dogs, egg & bacon sandwiches, soup by the bowl, apple fritters and our traditional Snitz Un Knepp (apples and dumplings). Scarecrow kits will be available to purchase to take home or visitors can sign up for a time slot to make a scarecrow at the festival.
Here are some other details about the 2020 Hay Creek Apple Festival:
- Visitors will be asked to give a donation to the historical association at the festival entrance.
- All parking will be on the festival grounds
- Visitors and volunteers will be required to sanitize their hands at the festival gate.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up as various booths to help ensure cleanliness. All outside vendors will be asked to provide hand sanitizing bottles at their booth.
- Because of the spread of the virus we will NOT be setting up any tables or chairs for our visitors. (Visitors are welcome to bring their own folding chair to sit.)
- Face masks will be required at the gate area and for ALL sales from vendors.
- Everyone will be required to social distance at the event.
- There will be no apple dessert contact this year.
- The organization will also offer online preorders of foods, etc. so guests can reserve and pay for their favorite foods ahead of time. To preorder foods click on the following link: https://haycreek.org/food-raiser/ There will be curbside pickup for customers who prefer not to enter our festival. Preorder deadline is Monday, October 5, 2020
- Individuals who are interested in setting up a flea market booth should call Kathleen Rhode at 610-914-8152. Booths can be reserved on Friday, October 9th from 12 noon to 6 pm or Saturday morning from 6 am to 8 am.