Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic the Hay Creek Valley Historical Association will be offering a mini festival in 2020. Mechanical Technology enthusiasts can “cruise” to Joanna Furnace with their antique vehicle, tractor or engine exhibit. There will be no camping at this year’s event and space is limited to just your vehicle size. NOTE: Please exhibit any engines from your truck or immediately behind your vehicle.
Cruise to the Hay Creek Festival at historic Joanna furnace in 2020!
You are invited to participate at the 44th annual celebration of the Hay Creek Festival as a Mechanical Technology participant. Due to the Covid-19 virus we will be offering a mini-event in 2020. The festival will take place September 12 & 13, 2020 from 10 am to 3 pm. Here are other details for this year’s event:
- Participants are welcome to “cruise” to our event with their antique/classic car, tractor, motorcycle or engine exhibit.
- Demonstrations of any equipment will not be permitted in 2020. Note: All buildings on our site will also be closed during the event.
- Individuals are invited to “Cruise” to in our event between 10 am and 1 pm on Saturday or Sunday. Enter the festival grounds via Furnace Road off Route 10
- Upon Entry a Volunteer will direct you where to park. Each cruise participant will only be given enough space for their vehicle. Vehicles will also be social distanced from each other.
- Camping is not permitted in 2020.
- Face Masks are required for all food & vendor purchases.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up at various locations on our site. Please utilize these stations to stop the spread of any viruses.
- No Pets Please.