Hay Creek Festival
Hay Creek Festival 2021 – September 10 – 12, 2021 – 10 am to 3 pm. (rain or shine)
The 44th annual Hay Creek Festival will take place in September; however, the Hay Creek Valley Historical Association has made several modifications to this years event in order to comply with all the Coronavirus safety restrictions.
This year’s event will take place for two days – Saturday & Sunday, September 12 & 13th and be geared toward take-out sales only. Visitors will be able to come to Joanna Furnace between the hours of 10 am and 3 pm to purchase our famous foods by the quart or gallon AND also shop from our Early American Craft and Creekside Craft vendors. Unfortunately, we will not be able to allow demonstrations or interpretations this year and our historic buildings will remain closed.
Look for Hay Creek to sell Mable’s soups, chicken pot pie, Snitz Un Knepp, fresh pressed apple cider, various homemade baked goods (shoo fly cake, Grammy’s breakfast cake, pumpkin pie, old fashion cookies and more) and offer a meal deal package for visitors to purchase and take with them. Plus, there will be a Hay Creek booth to sell quilt tickets, our own metal castings, gift shop items AND we will offer scarecrow kits to go in September!
In addition to our food and craft sales we will also be offering a car cruise where visitors can drive their favorite vehicle in our festival and showcase their antique, classic or hot rod vehicle in our designated area. We will welcome cars, trucks, motorcycles, military vehicles and even tractors to cruise to our event! An online registration will be offered for “cruise” participants; however, we will accept drive-in’s during the two-day event.
Here are some other details which people should expect at this year’s festival:
- There will be no admission charge (however we will ask for a donation upon entry to help support the restoration and preservation efforts of our site).
- All parking will be onsite (we will not offer a shuttle bus service this year).
- Visitors and volunteers will be required to wash / sanitize their hands at the festival gate.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up as various booths to help ensure cleanliness. All outside vendors will be asked to provide hand sanitizing bottles at their booth.
- We will not be setting up any tents, tables or chairs for our visitors.
- Face masks will be required at the gate area and for ALL sales from vendors.
- Everyone will be required to social distance at the event.
- We will not have outside food groups participating at the event this year.
- There will be curbside pickup for customers who prefer not to enter our festival. The organization will also offer online preorders of foods, etc. so guests can reserve and pay for their favorite foods ahead of time.
If you are a modern craft vendor OR early American craft demonstrator who offers retail sales and wants to participate in our vendor market this year please contact the organization ASAP. Spaces will be first-come first-served. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.